Rapid 6 Foam & Wipe System
All-in-one High-grade cleaning & disinfection system
The Rapid 6 Foam & Wipe System is a powerful water-based, sporicidal solution for the rapid cleaning and disinfection of hard surfaces.
Simple for all hospital staff to use, Rapid 6 has been tested according to International standards and been proven to be effective against:
Rapid 6 Foam & Wipe System was specifically designed to overcome some of the serious limitations that exist in traditional hospital infection control products and help make cleaning and disinfecting hospital hard surfaces easy for all members of staff throughout the entire hospital. (Please see our brochure for more information.)
Consistently sufficient disinfection
- Having ‘extra-wet’ Rapid 6 Wipes
- Using Rapid 6 Foam ahead of the wipes to boost performance and accelerate kill rates.
Works in real life situations!
Some traditional disinfectants do not work in the presence of organic matter or dirty surfaces, meaning that over the time of cleaning a surface the efficacy of the solution can be diminished, leading to variations in the effectiveness of the biocide.
Rapid 6 has been tested in both clean and dirty conditions, using short contact times to demonstrate its performance in practical settings and to show Rapid 6 functions in the presence of organic matter.
In addition, Rapid 6 has been tested in independent real-life simulations which test both the wipe and also the surfaces being cleaned. Using surfaces contaminated with C.difficile spores, Rapid 6 shows equal kill rates on both the cleaned surfaces and the wipe - demonstrating that the spores are being killed and not just simply being transferred to adjoining surfaces.
How to Use
Rapid 6 Wipes
After performing a risk assessment, wipe from clean to dirty working towards you in straight ‘S’ shaped lines. Take care not to clean the same area twice. Let area air dry.
- Always use a new wipe for a new surface.
- Don’t use the same wipe on multiple surfaces.
- Dispose of wipe if it becomes soiled or dry.
Rapid 6 Foam
Spray Rapid 6 Foam ahead of your wipe to boost cleaning area and performance.
Where to Use
Rapid 6 Foam & Wipe System is designed for use on all hard surfaces (excluding medical devices) and can be used to disinfect, amongst others:
Two Formats - One Easy System!
Rapid 6 is available in two ready-to-use delivery methods that can be used individually, or in combination together:
On their own, each format offers Intermediate Level cleaning. However, by using them in combination together, the user can achieve Rapid High Level Disinfection.
Rapid 6 Surface Disinfection products easily work within pre-existing hospital cleaning protocols, without the need to re-train staff or change disinfection practices. Some hospitals /wards may prefer to work with cleaning liquids and micro-fibre cloths. Whereas, others prefer to use only Wipes or operate a combination of both liquids and wipes, depending upon the cleaning requirement and procedures established.
With Rapid 6 Foam & Wipe System, you have one system with two delivery methods that easily adapts itself to area-specific cleaning requirements. This both:
- Reduces confusion for cleaning staff.
- Reduces the number of products hospitals have to stock.
Rapid 6 Foam has been tested in accordance with the following European Standards:
- Spores to EN 13704 and EN 14347 - against C.difficile, Bacillus cereus and Bacillus subtilis
- Bacteria to EN 1276, EN 1040, EN 13697, EN 13727 and EN 14561 - against E.coli, E.hirae, ESBL E.coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella enteritidis, Salmonella typhimurium, Staphylococcus aureus, MRSA and VRE
- Viruses to EN 14476 - against H1N1 Swine Flu
- Fungi to EN 1650, EN 13697, EN 13624, EN 14562 and EN 1275 - against Aspergillus niger and Candida albicans
- Mycobacteria to EN 14348 and EN 14563 - against Mycobacterium avium and Mycobacterium terrae
- Practical testing - tested under real life conditions against C.difficile using different wipe applications: Rapid 6 Foam + Rapid 6 Wipes; Rapid 6 Foam + Endurocide Detergent Wipes; Rapid 6 Foam + microfibre cloths
- Dermatologically tested - passed 24 hour skin patch test
- Residuality test - against C.difficile and E.coli 4 hours after application
For further information or to request copies of our test certificates, please contact us.
Is Rapid 6 Foam effective against Coronavirus?
Coronavirus is an enveloped virus of the family Coronavidae. Enveloped viruses can be highly infectious but are not particularly difficult to kill and as such are susceptible to a broad range of disinfectants.
At time of writing, Rapid 6 Foam has not been tested against Coronavirus. However, Rapid 6 Foam has been tested according to International virus standard EN 14476 and proven to be effective against H1N1 Influenza A Virus (Swine Flu) with >99.99% kill rate in 60 seconds.
H1N1 Swine Flu is an enveloped virus – like the Coronavirus - and the biocidal action of Rapid 6 Foam damages the virus’s cell by puncturing its envelope, causing it to leak and rendering the virus unable to replicate. Once a virus is unable to replicate, it cannot spread and so is no longer a threat.
It is generally accepted that if a product is proven to be active against one enveloped virus there is a high probability that the product will be able to kill similar viruses. As H1N1 Swine Flu is an enveloped virus with a similar biological structure to Coronavirus, the biocidal action of Rapid 6 Foam is likely to work in a similar way against Coronavirus and therefore be effective against it.
Furthermore, the active biocides present in Rapid 6 Foam have been shown to be effective against enveloped viruses, along with bacteria and fungi.
For further information on our testing, please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided above does not constitute a guarantee or warranty that Rapid 6 Foam is effective against Coronavirus and is given only as guidance based on existing available information.
Bottles with foam spray application heads.
500ml foaming trigger spray
1 Litre foaming trigger spray
Foam dispenser refills
Bulk containers for re-using dispenser bottles - saving you money and reducing waste!
1 Litre bottles
5 Litre bottles
Tub of 200 wipes
(Wipe size: 130 x 130mm)
Tub of 60 wipes
(Wipe size: 200 x 200mm)
Bucket of 225 wipes
(Wipe size: 240 x 250mm)